Led by former Wallabies coach Robbie Deans, the Barbarians were 17-10 ahead at half-time on Saturday thanks to tries from Kiwi pair Richie Mo’unga and George Bridge, as well as Australian Sam Carter.Steve Hansen’s men, missing a host of rested and injured regulars, remained in sight thanks to TJ Perenara and Vaea Fifita’s scores.For all their good early work, the Barbarians were blown away in the space of six second-half minutes, as Ngani Laumape, Sam Cane and Nathan Harris all crossed to turn the match on its head. Temporary captain Beauden Barrett converted all three tries to make it 31-17, as the out-of-favour Julian Savea, overlooked for New Zealand’s November internationals and appearing for the Barbarians against his countrymen, had a quiet match by his own high standards in west London.Brotherly ! A touching moment as @ardiesavea and @juliansavea7 meet in the tunnel before kick off.#BARvNZL pic.twitter.com/3ff1prDGDn— All Blacks (@AllBlacks) November 4, 2017The same cannot be said of wing Naholo, who lit up the first half by dancing through two attempted tackles right on the touchline to return Perenara’s offload and allow the scrum-half to claim his team’s first try.Laumape, meanwhile, a man nicknamed the Mini Bus, was instrumental in driving the All Blacks’ second-half onslaught, the massed ranks of the Barbarians defence proving unable to stop the Hurricanes centre from barging over in the 53rd minute. Deans’ side refused to give up but were unable to muster an effective response until the last minute of the game, a breakaway Bridge try reducing the deficit after Tim Perry, Matt Duffie and Asafo Aumua all received New Zealand debuts off the bench. The victory leaves the Rugby Championship winners to prepare for more searching examinations against France, Scotland and Wales, when the All Blacks XV is likely to take on a more predictable appearance.
Milford confirms Brisbane switch for 2015
Canberra Raiders fullback Anthony Milford has informed the club he will be honouring the deal he made with the Brisbane Broncos and will depart at the end of the 2014 season.Milford said the decision to leave the club where he developed his game and made his NRL debut was the toughest of his career so far and thanked everyone involved in the Raiders organisation for the opportunities they have given him and the patience they have shown.“This was a very tough decision for me and my family and I want to thank everyone at the Raiders for everything they have done for me,” Milford said.“I’ve been with the club since I was awarded a scholarship at the age of 13. I wouldn’t be where I am today if it wasn’t for the Raiders and I will never forget the support they’ve given me.“I’m 100 per cent committed to the Raiders for the rest of the season and I look forward to helping the team play well for the rest of the year.”Milford will honour the final year of his current deal with the Raiders and remain with the club until the end of the 2014 season. – NRL.com
Pukpuks ready to snap Solomon Islands Hunters
Pukpuks coach, Sydney Wesley says his team is more than ready to take on the Hunters.The Pukpuks are one game away from retaining the Oceania Rugby Cup trophy and Wesley knows tomorrow’s game will be the toughest in this tournament.“We know Solomon Islands will be desperate for a win.”“I’ve driven that message into the players that our job is not done yet and to keep playing to our game plan,” said Wesley.While the Pukpuks will be missing fullback Jonah Kautu who is sick, winger Wesley Vali returns to the starting side from injury.Wesley said while Solomon Islands boast one of the biggest forward packs, his team will work around this.“They have a much bigger pack, but we’ll still have the upper hand if we can run around them and tire them out. It will be competitive right across the park and we’re ready for this,” said Wesley.Tomorrow’s game kicks off at 3:30pm at the Sir Hubert Murray stadium.
Stadiums unveiled for 2020 Tokyo Olympics
A winner will be chosen later this month, the Japan Sports Council said in a statement.”(The winning design) will be selected by the end of December after further examination by a committee consisting of architectural experts and ministers,” said Council president Kazumi Daito.”We want to create a stadium that can be loved by everyone in the world.”In July, Prime Minister Shinzo Abe announced that the Government was ditching Iraqi-British architect Zaha Hadid’s “bike helmet” stadium design, which had been projected to cost 150 billion yen ($2.02 billion).Abe said the scrapping of the design meant the stadium would not be ready in time for the 2019 Rugby World Cup, but said he was “certain” that the project would be ready in time for the 2020 Olympics and Paralympics.A spokesman for Zaha Hadid Architects blamed increases in construction costs in Tokyo and the difficult of working to a fixed deadline for the stadium’s spiralling price tag.Japanese architects had been scathing of the design, with leading architect Arata Isozaki writing an open letter to the government body in charge of the games that the sight left him “in despair” and warning the stadium would be a “disgrace to future generations.”
Tonga Rugby Union broke
President and the executive chairman of TRU, Fe‘ao Vunipola admitted that the union’s mountain of debts amount to hundreds of thousands of Pa’anga that go back over several years.Fe’ao told the Matangi Tonga Online that the Tonga Rugby Union property and office at Hala Salote, Fasi-moe-afi had been in receivership since October last year, when they could not keep up the repayment of their TOP$300,000 (K400,000) debt to Carinat Sport Marketing, Hong Kong. Carinat was an agent that bought the uniforms for Tonga’s Under 20, Tonga A and the ‘Ikale Tahi teams in 2012. He said in October 2015, the Supreme Court had placed TRU assets under the receivership and ordered that the TRU pay Carinat Sport Marketing USD$1000 a month. The Carinat representative in Tonga is lawyer Ralph Stevenson. Fe‘ao said they have kept up the payments and had paid, probably, about USD$4000, but last month, February, they could not keep up with the monthly payments. They were looking forward for the 600,000 pounds annual contribution from World Rugby that was scheduled to arrive on March 15, but it did not materialise. World Rugby withheld their contribution because of the TRU’s mounting debts and the fact that the Supreme Court had put TRU assets under receivership. Fe’ao said the only option left was to seek government assistance, and fortunately government was willing to hear their problems. He said the Tonga Government had always been willing to prop up rugby, and during the last Rugby World Cup, contributed about $1 million to the Tonga Rugby Union. Fe’ao said he had informed Stevenson that he had consulted government and he was hopeful that they would help them. He believed the creditors were willing to give him more time to negotiate with government. Meanwhile, Fe’ao planned to call a special meeting of the TRU on April 1 to amend the TRU Constitution in preparation for the Annual General Meeting at the end of April or early May. The proposed amendment to the Constitution is for the Prime Minister, ‘Akilisi Pohiva to be the president of the TRU, and for the election of a chairman and a deputy chairman of the board. He said that World Rugby representatives will be in Tonga from April 5-7 to meet with representatives of the TRU and with government. He was hopeful that following these meetings, the World Rugby would release their annual financial contribution to the TRU. The current members of the board of the TRU are: President and executive chairman, his deputy Manu Mataele, with three representatives, one each from Vava’u, Ha’apai and ‘Eua, and a representative each from Eastern, Western and Tongatapu as a whole.
Pombo goes on loan to Cádiz
The agreement between Real Zaragoza and Cádiz, as already published by AS.com on Tuesday, is total and in the last hours the representative of Pombo has already agreed his conditions with the Cadiz club, so that only the signature of all the documentation, which will be produced tomorrow morning. The intention of all parties is that Pombo does not train in the afternoon with Real Zaragoza and already travel to Cádiz to join the set of Álvaro Cervera. The march of Pombo will release 110,000 euros of salary mass in Real Zaragoza, an amount that must be joined to the 150,000 euros that are still limited, a money that will now go to the incorporation of a center forward. In addition, the Aragonese club will be giving out to Georgian Papu and Guinean Bikoro, for which Racing de Santander showed great interest a week ago, but whose transfer is now in the air, when Zaragoza was considered safe incorporation to the Cantabrian team.For its part, the Japanese Kagawa, whose performance has been more than discreet, has the doors open in case he decides to terminate his contract. Víctor Fernández has asked for three signings for this winter market, one per line, and the Kagawa march would free up a significant salary mass. Jorge Pombo is the first of the transferable to leave Real Zaragoza. The Aragonese striker, who has completed his last training under Víctor Fernández today, will sign his assignment tomorrow until the end of the season to Cádiz, the leading leader of the Second Division, which will also have a mandatory purchase option in case of Ascent over a football player who was already interested last August.
Ulloa breaks the crusader
A jug of cold water for the Franjirrojos, who already ran out of air last Wednesday when the attacker could not finish the session. He made a bad move and hurt his knee, something that immediately set off the alarms. Since that day, No sign of Ulloa in training. Subsequent medical tests have corroborated the worst news.Ulloa, 33, joins the payroll of long-term injured Rayo, which this season amounts to four. Velázquez and Baby also suffered a break in the crusader, while Alberto García suffers an injury of cartilage in the left knee, which has had to go through the operating room twice (the last one, due to a chondrocyte implant). This low leaves Paco Jémez with only one forward in the squad, so the club will have to look for a reinforcement. More setbacks for the franjirrojo coach, who only has Yacine Qasmi, a battering ram that arrived in the winter market. Another option would be to align Andrés as ‘false nine’. For the most immediate appointment, that of Heliodoro, Paco loses two fixed in the eleven: Ulloa and Trejo, this one by sanction. In addition, Comesaña and Pozo continue to recover.Ulloa: “I will come back with more force”Ulloa used his Social Networks to send a message, as soon as the severity of his injury was confirmed: “On Wednesday I had an unfortunate play and today a delicate injury is confirmed.I am already thinking about recovery. It will take a while, but I will come back stronger“Some of his classmates like Saveljich, Santamaría … sent words of encouragement. He painted badly and suspicions were confirmed. El Rayo published this Friday the medical part of Leo Ulloa, confirming that suffers a “rupture of the anterior cruciate ligament and the inner side of his left knee” and whose recovery time is estimated around six months. The team’s striker says goodbye, therefore, for the season.
Germany rethinks to focus on Spain 5 days
The friendly match that will face the national teams of Germany and Italy on March 31 in Nuremberg will also be played behind closed doors. This was confirmed by the German Football Federation (DFB) in a statement issued on Tuesday. The decision to suspend all events with more than 1,000 participants was taken by the Bavarian government, also including all kinds of sporting events in this new regulation.“Health is above all”, said Friedrich Curtius, Secretary General of the Federation. “We are in daily and permanent contact with the authorities and trust in his word. Those responsible have defined a procedure, for which we are very grateful, on such a complex and difficult issue for us. It leaves us with a bittersweet taste that this football classic has to be played with empty bleachers“He sentenced. Remains to be seen how the coronavirus outbreak affects the previous friendly of the German team against Spain, scheduled for March 26 in Madrid. The increase in cases in the capital will almost certainly cause a rethinking of Mannschaft plans, which I planned to spend a total of five days in Madrid. The team planned to move to Madrid on March 25 and focus on Spanish lands until March 30.France also without publicThe president of the French Football Federation (FFF), Noël Le Graëtalso reported that the two friendlies that France had set for the end of this month of March will be played behind closed doors. The bleus will be measured at Ukraine (27-M) and Finland (31-M) with no public in the stands. In addition, the French president announced that the clash against the Finns will no longer be in Lyon but in Paris, at the Stade de France de Saint-Denis.
Higuaín is intercepted by the Police but manages to escape from Argentina
The police allowed him to travel because the forward showed the medical documents that showed his negativity to the test by COVID-19.Although the plane will not be able to reach Argentina directly, where flights from Italy are blocked: it has traveled to France, then Spain, and from there it will fly to South America. In these hours, Sami Khedira and Miralem Pjanic also left Italy., both, like the Pipita, negative to the disease. As AS knew, Juventus had been informed of the intentions of its footballers and authorized the trip, due to family reasons. In the case of Higuaín, the cause is his mother’s illness, so he has asked to travel to be with her, presenting his medical certificate before traveling.. The ex-Madrid player, the German and the Bosnian are not the only bianconeri in isolation far from Turin: also Cristiano Ronaldo is living these days in Madeira with theirs, while the rest of the squad is still in Italy. Gonzalo Higuaín has left Turin and is returning to Argentina. The striker, quarantined as 121 more people from Juventus due to the two positive cases in the Bianconean team, Daniele Rugani and Blaise Matuidi, as revealed by ‘La Repubblica’, last night he abandoned ‘voluntary isolation’ and he showed up at the Torino Caselle airport, where a private plane was waiting for him. Cover of La Gazzetta dello of March 20, 2020.
In Scotland they say that Atlético is interested in the ‘new Falcao’
In the media of this country they indicate that Atlético would be interested in looking for a companion for the current strikers of the Simeone team. Atlético have Morata, João Félix, Diego Costa and Saponjic on point, although it will be necessary to see the situation of these last two soccer players. Morelos has been in Scotland since the summer of 2017 and many important European football clubs are following its evolution.Morelos could be a future incorporation, since he is a player who still has many years ahead, something similar to what has happened with Saponjic this season. Between now and the end of the season, there will be several footballers who will join the Madrid club, since it is possibly their intention to reinforce themselves in attack. In Scotland they point out that Atlético has set its sights on Alfredo Morelos, Colombian forward for the Glasgow Rangers. Morelos, 23, is having an excellent season at the Scottish club and in that country several media indicate that his future could be in the entity of the Wanda Metropolitano. Morelos, whom in Colombia they point out as the new Falcao, He has 29 goals with the Glasgow Rangers and 10 assists. His contribution to the Europa League is particularly productive, where he has scored fourteen goals for the Scottish team.