What course can I take in a year?

first_img Comments are closed. A Bachelor of Commerce, I graduated in 1991 in India and have since beenworking mostly in IT recruitment. I now want to do a full-time course (not morethan a year) specialising in employee development, compensation and benefitsand appraisals or possibly in a broader HRM framework. Any suggestions? Also, Iam in London on a dependent visa (valid for the next two years) so would I betreated as an international student or would I be treated as a resident? Margaret Malpas, joint managing director, Malpas Flexible Learning It would probably be sensible to take the CIPD Certificate In PersonnelPractice which can be achieved in a year or less if you decide to adopt aflexible learning approach. This qualification will provide a good introduction to the basic principlesof HR management and, if successful, will give you associate membership of CIPDif you wish to broaden your skills and move away from specialist recruitmentconsultancy. Information about training providers is available from the CIPD website atwww.cipd.co.uk Jo Selby, associate director, EJ Human Resources You need to identify exactly what it is that you want to achieve from a12-month course and investigate what the options are at universities/collegesnear you which will meet your requirements. To establish what status your two-year visa gives you, speak to the relevantdepartment at the Home Office initially. They should be able to tell you, or ifnot certainly point you in the right direction. For some ideas on where to study for HR qualifications, see our HR Academyfeature at www.personneltoday.com/careerguides Previous Article Next Article What course can I take in a year?On 4 Dec 2001 in Personnel Today Related posts:No related photos.last_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *